There is no specific treatment for infection with the Zika virus. To help relieve symptoms, get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. The over-the-counter (OTC) medication acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) may help relieve joint pain and fever.Sep 18, 2021
Is the Zika virus curable?
Can Zika be treated with antibiotics?
Is there a medicine for Zika virus?
Is there a vaccination for Zika?
What are the 5 main symptoms of Zika?
Why is there no treatment for Zika virus?
How can the Zika virus be prevented and treated?
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
- Use insect repellents containing DEET or picaridin. Always use as directed. …
- Use permethrin-treated clothing and gear (such as boots, pants, socks, and tents.
- Use bed nets as necessary.
- Stay and sleep in screened-in or air-conditioned rooms.
How long does Zika virus stay in body?
What are five distinct ways that Zika can be transmitted?
- Zika is spread mostly by the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito (Ae. …
- Prevent Zika by avoiding mosquito bites.
- Zika can be passed from a pregnant woman to her fetus. …
- Zika can be passed through sex from a person who has Zika to his or her sex partners. …
- No vaccine is currently available.
How long does the Zika virus last?
How long do you have to wait to have a baby after Zika?
Where is Zika virus most common?
How is Zika virus diagnosed?
What we know
- Many people infected with Zika virus won’t have symptoms or will only have mild symptoms.
- Your doctor may order a blood or urine test to help determine if you have Zika.
- There is no specific medicine for Zika.