What is Beta Thalassemia?
Beta thalassemia is a blood disorder that reduces the production of hemoglobin . Hemoglobin is the iron-containing protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to cells throughout the body. In people with beta thalassemia, low levels of hemoglobin lead to a lack of oxygen in many parts of the body.
What is beta thalassemia caused by?
What are the symptoms of beta thalassemia?
- extreme tiredness.
- pale skin.
- shortness of breath.
- a fast heartbeat.
- moodiness or irritability.
- slow growth.
- change in the shape of bones in the face and head.
Is beta thalassemia serious?
How is beta thalassemia treated?
Is thalassemia a serious disease?
How long do thalassemia patients live?
What are the 4 types of thalassemia?
There are 4 types of alpha thalassemia:
- Alpha thalassemia silent carrier. …
- Alpha thalassemia carrier. …
- Hemoglobin H disease. …
- Alpha thalassemia major.
At what age is thalassemia detected?
What blood type is thalassemia?
Is beta thalassemia a disability?
How common is beta thalassemia major?
What part of the body does thalassemia affect?
What foods are good for beta thalassemia?
What vitamins should people with beta thalassemia take?
How do you test for beta thalassemia?
- A CBC measures the amount of hemoglobin and the different kinds of blood cells, such as red blood cells, in a sample of blood. …
- Hemoglobin tests measure the types of hemoglobin in a blood sample.
Can thalassemia patients marry?
Can two thalassemia minor get married?
Does thalassemia minor affect periods?
What is the life expectancy of someone with beta thalassemia?
What famous person has thalassemia?
Which actor has a thalassemia?
What is worst form of thalassemia?
Can I donate blood if I have thalassemia?
Where did beta thalassemia originate?
Can thalassemia cause leukemia?
How do I know if I am a thalassemia carrier?
Is coffee good for thalassemia?
Is beta thalassemia an autoimmune disease?
Is thalassemia more common in males or females?
What if both parents have thalassemia?
Is banana good for thalassemia?
How can I overcome thalassemia?
- Frequent blood transfusions. More severe forms of thalassemia often require frequent blood transfusions, possibly every few weeks. …
- Chelation therapy. This is treatment to remove excess iron from your blood. …
- Stem cell transplant.
How do I raise my hemoglobin?
- meat and fish.
- soy products, including tofu and edamame.
- dried fruits, such as dates and figs.
- green leafy vegetables, such as kale and spinach.
- green beans.
- nuts and seeds.