Urologic diseases or conditions include urinary tract infections, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and prostate problems, among others. Some urologic conditions last only a short time, while others are long-lasting.
What are some common diseases of the urinary system?
- Bladder infections – (cystitis) usually caused by bacteria.
- Enlarged prostate – in men, this can make it difficult to empty the bladder.
- Incontinence – when urine leaks out of the urethra.
- Kidney infections – when a bladder infection ‘backs up’ the ureters.
What diseases are treated by urologist?
What is the most common urological problem in male adults?
What causes anuria?
Anuria is when your kidneys don’t have enough blood or fluid supply from conditions like extreme dehydration, blood loss, severe infection, shock, or heart and liver failure. Anuria can also be caused by something affecting your kidney’s normal filtering of your blood.
What diseases affect urethra?
- Urethral cancer – a rare cancer that happens more often in men.
- Urethral stricture – a narrowing of the opening of the urethra.
- Urethritis – inflammation of the urethra, sometimes caused by infection.
What are urologic symptoms?
- Trouble with urination (difficulty starting to urinate or difficulty holding urine back)
- Weak urine stream or interruption of stream.
- Pelvic discomfort.
- Bone pain.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Painful urination or ejaculation.
- Blood in the urine.
- Blood in the semen.
What is urgency micturition?
What is urology test?
What is polyuria and oliguria?
What is Azotaemia?
What is the difference between anuria and urinary retention?