Bulimia Nervosa Causes
What are the common causes of bulimia?
- Being female.
- Depression and anxiety disorders.
- Substance use disorders.
- Traumatic events.
- Frequent dieting.
Who can develop bulimia?
What are 3 warning signs of bulimia?
- Episodes of binge eating.
- Self-induced vomiting.
- Smelling like vomit.
- Misuse of laxatives and diuretics.
- Complaining about body image.
- Expressing guilt or shame about eating.
How does bulimia affect the body?
Is bulimia an addiction?
What happens if you leave bulimia untreated?
What does bulimia do to your face?
People with bulimia nervosa may develop swollen parotid glands because of their repeated purging. These glands are just in front of the ears and may cause swelling in the face.
How does a bulimic person looks like?
How does bulimia affect the brain?
What are 5 physical effects of bulimia?
- Facial swelling or swollen parotid glands visible at the jawline or cheeks (parotitis).
- Heartburn, indigestion, bloating.
- Irregular menstrual periods.
- Weakness, exhaustion.
- Bloodshot eyes.
- Dental problems, including erosion of tooth enamel.
- Sore throat.
What happens if u vomit everyday?
Is bulimia face permanent?
Can bulimia cause memory loss?
Can your body recover after bulimia?
Does bulimia make it hard to swallow?
How long can bulimia last?
How long can you be bulimic before it affects you?
Binging and purging behaviors must occur at least once a week for 3 months. Bulimia symptoms can vary and include: Forced vomiting. Excessive exercise.